20 september 2011

Tinka Bella fall jacket

Here is the jacket I made for the in between, when it´s too cold for a jeans jacket but not quite cold enough for a full down jacket.  The shell is Tactel fabric, the lining a furry polyester (and the sleeves have a separate stepped lining).  The pattern I used is Tinka Bella from Farbenmix.  The fabrics are mostly from Michas Stoffecke except for the Delft blue detail on the visor and the midriff.

I like to add that little wink to my Dutch nationality wherever I can, and you´d be amazed at how well the Delft blue colors combine with almost anything! You also see that every scrap gets used here as the remains of the purple vichy check served as a backing for the scrappy scarf I posted yesterday.  The pattern is fun to make and the fit is nice. 

By making extra long cuffs these can be simply turned up in year 1, and turned down in year 2 so you get more mileage out of it. The pockets are cute, as is the shape of the hood with visor. And it´s not hard to make thanks to the excellent step by step provided by Farbenmix. I will definately make this again!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten