12 september 2011

Bandito hoodie and lazy skirt

 
Here the first Bandito hoodie I made for my eldest.  It is a lovely pattern to make as it gives you ample possibilities to mix and match.  Mine is a true recycle project since the light pink parts were cut from a much beloved and very thick cotton poly hoodie by surf brand Roxy that I couldn´t part with, but that had been sitting in a box in the attic for years.  The light pink trim around the hood is an old H&M cardi from my scrap box.  The band and skirt side panels from Cakewalk fabric from my stash.  Best of all? The front pockets made from a PIP Studio washcloth that I received as a gift.  Not knowing what to do with one washcloth of such beauty, I thought it was best when showcased on the hoodie instead of being treasured but unused in a closet.  So I cut it up.  PIP have such beautiful colorful fabric designs, I still hope these will become available to the home sewist one day.  I think all I bought for this project is the parting zipper. 

Ah, the zipper.  The pattern calls for a zipper in a size shorter than I would like it to be.  Since I bought the zipper based on the specs I was too scroogy to buy another one.  This let me with a gap to bridge between zippers end and hoods end of, well, roughly 4 cm.  So, if you are planning to make this, I strongly recommend buy a zipper 5cm larger than directed on the pattern, and measure and cut your patterns pieces to match that zipper (you may need to add another cm to your pattern pieces).  That way, the zipper will go all the way up to the top.  I for now solved the situation by adding a loop of velvet ribbon on one side and a pretty flower button on the other.  DD does not seem to mind since she never wears it fully closed anyway. 

As I saw the beautiful creations over at Glitzerblumes (who just happens to be the designer of this pattern too) here, here and here, I knew I wanted my girls name on the front as well. All in all I think this has become a lovely hoodie.  Now let´s hope my dresses-and-skirts girl will wear it! To help with that, I whipped up a matching lazy skirt.

1 opmerking:

  1. Really wonderful ... Bandito ... I love the colours...
    Very nice !!
    Love,
    Antje

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen