26 september 2011

Nonita pants

Finally, they´re finished... These pants took an awful lot of time, not only because I wanted to use a nicky velours because it had the right color (which meant first flat lining certain pattern pieces to stabilize the stretchy fabric with a woven underneath) but also because of the elaborate decorations.  I love it though, every once in a while, to make something in proper Farbenmix style. Last night I hammered in the poppers, argh what a frustration.  I don´t understand why some people see poppers as a lazy womans type of closure as I find it sooo much easier and quicker to just sew a couple of buttonholes.  Anyway, my DD will be grateful for these as they will be easier to manage for her small hands.  When the pants were finished and I showed them to her she said ´´beautiful mommy´´ so hopefully we´ll get a lot of mileage out of these. The Nonita pattern is actually meant to be 3/4 length so I sewed one size bigger hoping she can wear it for two winters.  The pattern is totally cute with its unusual flap front closure.  Will make more!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten