25 november 2011

Preppy girls blouse

Peter Pan collars are super hot in womens fashion for this season, but for young girls this style never ever has  been out of fashion.  Never will either I suspect.  I drafted a pattern using bits of everything, for instance the shirred back panel comes from an old Ottobre.  Pretty pleased with the end result.    

The fabric is a gorgeous quality cotton poplin, in a pale blue with cream, brown and medium blue dots.   And tiny Mickey Mouse figures. I suspect this is fabric overrun from Donaldson, I bought it in Belgium for 3 euro per meter. The blouse goes really well with the Oliver+S skirt from last post by the way.
The bad new is, Ms Pfaff threw a hissy fit when it was buttonhole time.  At least ten messed up buttonholes and much cursing further, I got my old Elna from the attic and finished the blouse with her. Ms Pfaff is now being serviced by the dealer.  Apparently there is a problem with the fabric transport.  When making buttonholes, the fabric tend to bulk up under the pressure foot making a big tangled mess.  Also, the two ´´caterpillars´´ sew up unevenly.  If anyone who has the same machine recognizes this please let me know how you solved it.  I have a Quilt Expression 4.0.  Thanks!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten