19 november 2011

Oliver+S boucle skirt and cache coeur shirt


It´s been a while since I last made something, but this adult fabric combination was just begging to be made into a smart outfit for my now 5 year old.  The skirt is the Oliver+S Sunday Brunch skirt which has a small kick pleat in the back as well as elastic in the back part of the waistband.  I ran a double row of stitches along the seam and carefully removed the extra fibers so the hem has a fringed edge.    The shirt is made from a basic tee of which I adjusted the front pattern part into a crossover style.  *You basically draw a full front panel instead of one half only by mirroring the typical shirt front against center front over to the other side. Then comes the fun bit, adjusting it.  I scooped out the neckline at the shoulder a bit (about half an inch - don't forget to adjust the shoulder of the back panel to match), and then drew a slightly scooped line to the opposite side seam. 

 
Cut 2, and attach the shoulders to the back panel.  Then, cut a 2 inch wide strip of fabric, fold lengthwise wrong sides together, iron, serge together, and use this strip to finish the neckline.   The top half is straight, the bottom half of the front is ruched at the side seams - I added about 3 inches of extra length to the front pattern pieces for that.  I realised when it was finished I had to stitch the wrapover part closed as otherwise it would be gaping on a childs chest.  That then insipred me to the tiny velvet bow with the small MOP heart on center front.   DD likes it a lot and insist on wearing it today so I have to go now because I need to dig out dark blue tights and a dark blue cardi since it's just above freezing point today! What are you sewing today?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten